Q: How does legal funding work?

Legal funding or legal cash advance is a way for you to pay for medical bills, living expenses and emergencies while you wait for your lawsuit to settle.

Many personal injury cases can take months to settle, which can leave you in a difficult financial situation.

With legal funding, a portion of your estimated lawsuit settlement is advanced to you, by Alliance Claim Funding before your case is settled. When your case settles, the cash advance plus fees is paid back to Alliance Claim Funding.

Q: Is this a loan?

Even though many people refer to this process as a lawsuit loan – it is not a loan – it is a cash advance.

Unlike a loan, should you lose your case, you owe us nothing. The entire cash advance, including all the fees, is entirely forgiven. Plus, there is no application fee to set up the cash advance, and there are no monthly payments while you wait for your case to settle.

This is strictly a cash advance on the future value of your lawsuit settlement.

 Q: What happens if I lose my lawsuit?

If you lose your case, you owe us nothing. There is no risk to you – if your case loses the cash advance is forgiven.

 Q: Is this legal?

Yes. As the plaintiff in a personal injury lawsuit, you can sell or assign all or a portion of your claim to fund your legal expenses and/or your personal living expenses. A portion of the claim was already assigned to your Attorney as your contingency fee.

 Q: Do I have to make monthly payments on the cash advance?

No. There are no monthly payments while you wait for your settlement Plus, if you lose your lawsuit, you owe us nothing. We get paid only if you get paid.

 Q: What if I have poor credit, or have filed for bankruptcy?

Legal funding requires no credit checks or credit requirements. Poor credit or even bankruptcy is not necessarily a problem. You qualify for a cash advance solely on the basis of your lawsuit.

Q: What are the minimum and maximum amounts you will advance?

The minimum is $500 and the maximum is unlimited.

 Q: Are there any upfront costs to get a cash advance?

There are no application fees or payments until your case is settled. Our fees are recovered in your settlement. In our final proposal to you we provide you with a schedule that outlines all the fees and the final costs.

Q: What does Alliance Claim Funding, LLC charge for cash advance?

All fees are typically determined on an individual basis by Alliance Claim Funding, LLC. Our rates and fees are among the lowest in the industry.

 Q: How do I get a cash advance or legal funding?

First, you must complete our application.  You can complete the application either over the phone by calling 888-732-3389 or on our website. Next, your case is evaluated by our team of experts which usually takes no more than a couple of days. Once your case is approved, we issue a cash advance against the future payment of your personal injury case.

Q: Does Alliance Claim Funding, LLC get involved in the case?

No. We are not a law firm. We do not interfere with the attorneys handling of the case. Our only involvement is to initially review the attorney’s file so that we can evaluate the claim and for periodic case status updates. We, in no way influence you or your attorney in the handling or disposition of your case.

 Q: Can I seek my attorney’s advice regarding Alliance Claim Funding service?

Absolutely, in fact, we encourage you to do so.

 Q: Why doesn’t my attorney just advance me money for my case?

The American Bar Association does not allow attorneys to advance money to their clients. Attorney’s can only advance money for direct case expenses. This agreement protects both you and your attorney.

 Q: What information is required for funding?

For all cases, we need a copy of your lawsuit, if one has been filed.

For Motor Vehicle Accident Cases:

  • Police Report & Witness Statement
  • X-Ray, MRI reports, surgical reports with narratives.
  • Defendant’s insurance information with limits.

For Medical Malpractice, Product Liability, or Pharmaceutical Cases:

  • Expert report.
  • Medical records with specific relevance to the case.
  • Defendant’s insurance information with limits.

For Trip and Fall, Slip and Fall, or Premises Liability Cases:

  • Incident/Accident report – an internal investigation may suffice. Pictures and witnesses are helpful as well.
  • X-Ray, MRI reports, surgical reports with narratives.
  • Defendant’s insurance information with limits.

For Workers Compensation 3rd Party Cases:

  • Incident report.
  • Workers compensation report.
  • X-Ray, MRI reports, surgical reports with narratives.
  • Defendant’s insurance information with limits.

For Settled Cases:

  • Please provide a letter from your attorney with the gross settlement amount, all liens, fees, and expenses against the case.

To get started, call us toll free at 888-732-3389 or complete the online application